Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ahhhhh The Block



Yes, I have writers block. I have a few issues related to tying up loose ends in the plot and I am having the lurgy to even just try to sit down and bang some words out.
Part of the problem is that I stupidly decided to write Valoura Karuna in first person, present tense - if you have ever written anything, you'd know that this is the most difficult narrative mode and is often much maligned by literary types.
I like it. It is a really interesting way to write and for me it helps translate my visual style well. But at times it feels clunky and I am constantly trying to re-read to make sure I am putting things into present tense!

Here are some links about first person present tense.
http://www.squidoo.com/FirstPerson
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2010/sep/18/philip-pullman-author-present-tense

Have you ever tried this style of writing? Do you like it, or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright

Everything here is copyrighted. Please ask the authors permission before using any of the content on this blog.